- Wash before first use.
- Place the mat on a cookie sheet or pan.
- Do not grease, butter, or spray with oil. Put the item or items which are
to be baked or frozen on the mat.
- The recipe baking temperature may need to be adjusted according to
your oven as the mat will provide some insulation during baking.
- Sil-Eco mats can tolerate temperatures from –40°F to 480°F
(–40°C to 280°C).
Note: a slight oily residue after washing is normal. A slight discoloration
of the mesh is normal after use. Hearty flavored foods may leave a
trace scent on the mats. After drying, to store lay the mat flat. Or store
between 2 cookie sheets, or rolled up in paper towel tube.
- Wipe clean with a damp, soft sponge, then rinse with clean water. A
mild soap or detergent may be used if needed.
- Shake to remove excess water and wipe dry, or place in a warm
(175 degree oven) for 2 minutes, or air dry.
- Do not use with a broiler, a grill, open flame, or place directly
on the bottom of an oven.
- Do not cut the mat or cut ON the mat.
- Do not use with automatic dishwashers, the drying process could
cause harm or misshape the mat.
- Do not use scrapers or brushes on the mats.
- Do not fold the mats.
- Do not use a cut or worn or torn mat.